Adults in the following age groups (age as at 24 July 2020) can enter this category.
Age 55 and above.
Top 5 (male & female) will move on to the Finals.
The chair squat is a great way to strengthen your entire lower body—your glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves—all while engaging your core.
Steps To Follow
- Register to participate in the Kindred Spirit Series Virtual Challenge 2020.
- Set a timer for 45seconds.
- Place your chair against a wall and sit in the middle of the chair.
- Cross your arms against your chest.
- Ensure both feet are flat on the ground and place one foot slightly in-front of another (Take note: legs should be roughly in a 90 degrees position).
- Stand up by rising to a full standing position and then sit back down again.
- Repeat this action for as many times as you can within 45seconds.
- Do not move your feet about when standing up and down repetitively.
- You are not allowed to use your hands or arms to push/lift yourself up. Place them against your chest at all times)
- The timer should start exactly the same time as when you start standing up.
- Carry out as many chair squats as possible within the specified period (45 seconds).NOTE:
- You will need to stop once the 45 second timer buzzes.
- Upload the video of the attempt to Facebook, add the Hashtag #KssVc2020 #kindredspirits #clubzoom #clubzoomSG and submit your entry in the Video Link Submission Form below.
- Rise up to a full standing position before sitting back down again.
- Follow step 6 strictly.
- Number of repetitions within a 45 second period