On behalf of Club ZOOM, I would like to thank all our athletes and Team Manager Edmund Yeo for making our Club presence felt at the 74th Singapore Open Track and Field Championship, 2012. This is the first time that Club Zoom has competed at this regional-level competition.
Congratulations to all the winners of the competitive events. You have set the benchmark for Club Zoom junior athletes to aspire to emulate in near future.
I would like to specially mention Noor Amira Nafiah who represented Club Zoom and won two gold medals in the Women’s Open Long Jump and Triple Jump events. Her winning distances were 5.96m and 13.52m respectively.
Her achievements for Club ZOOM were also reported in The New Straits Times in Malaysia – http://www.nst.com.my/sports/other/athletics-winning-comeback-for-vadivellan-1.130295 – (View in PDF format)
Creditable performances also came from
- Md Zaki who qualified for the 400m final with a time of 50.82s
- Md Shahmimi bin Azmi who placed 6th in the Men’s 100m final
- The men’s 4 x100m team comprising Md Hykel, Md Zaki, Md Shahmimi bin Azmi, and Md Aizad bin Md Moktar, who placed 4th with a time of 42.65s; and
- Xu Weixin who also a placed 4th in the Women’s Long Jump with a leap of 5.11m.
We are grateful for your keen efforts in representing Club Zoom at the Singapore Open Championship and helping Club ZOOM to achieve a 6th place finish in the overall ranking.
We hope to see you again next year. Until then, always remember and practice the Club ZOOM mantra -“Not everyone can win races, but everyone can have the Spirit of a CHAMP!” Until next time, train well and always “Defy your limits!”
– Tan Wei Leong, Club ZOOM President, 27th August, 2012